Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Woops again

For some reason, my post ‘Woops’ replaced it’s original post on Launchy. Here’s the original. For screenshots, check out that post ‘Woops’.

Today I’m lauding the program called Launchy. I’ve seen a bunch of good review on it, especially the one on LifeHacker, so I decided to give it a try. The reviews do not lie. It’s an unassuming black box that appears when you press Alt+Space. Type in anything, and it should find it. It’ll open programs and documents, or perform math. You don’t need to worry about spelling, even the first half of the word should be able to find it.

With a quick tweak to Firefox’s about:config (set browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML to true) Launchy can even open up my Firefox bookmarks (check out my icons-only Firefox Bookmarks Bar in a post coming soon!)

Launchy can be downloaded here.

--------------------------------------------------
Sorry about any confusion over Woops. I think I forgot to hit ‘new’ before creating a new post on Windows Live Writer. I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment