Friday, June 5, 2009

Search Engines

There are two new search engines out, Wolfram|Alpha and Bing. Bing is Microsoft’s new search engine, replacing the previous Live Search (which sucked). It seems to give pretty good results, and it has one awesome deal: If you go to Bing’s video search and mouse over any of the results, it’ll give you a long preview of that video. Sweetness! Try it out here.

Wolfram|Alpha is a “computational knowledge engine” that knows all. I typed in my birthday, and apparently I was born 4,961 days ago, on a waxing gibbous moon… Wolfram|Alpha knows all. It can tell you about dates, stocks, people, colors, names, perform math… you name it. You don’t believe me? Check it out here.

Also, If anyone has something they’d like me to blog about, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment