Friday, June 26, 2009

Everything

Everything is a little program (found here) that does what Windows Search really ought to.  It opens up a white window with a text box at the top and a blank space at the bottom.  But start typing anything in the text box, and any files with that chunk of text in them nearly instantly pop up.  I’m my family’s “tech support guy,” that is I have to do stuff on the computers for Mom and my little brother.  I’m forever trying to find files that my family somehow managed to misplace or programs that I can’t find on the computer that really ought to be there, and Everything made my life so much easier on both my computer (for finding files in directories that Launchy for some reason refuses to get into) and on other computers (for helping and finding files).  You can also get a portable version here, for sticking on your USB drive and carrying around with you.

Screenshot

By the way, what do you think of my new dual-screen wallpaper?

No comments:

Post a Comment