Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Icons-Only Bookmarks Bar

Well technically, I have two folders with words, just to be picky.  But 2 with words versus 31 without is pretty good, I think.

Here’s my Firefox home page.  Note the bookmarks bar:
Full window

Here’s a close-up of the first half of my Bookmarks Bar:
1st half of icons close-up

Here’s how you do it.  I’ll show you how as I add Wolfram|Alpha to my Bookmarks bar, something I’ve been meaning to do for a while.

Step 1:  Go to the home page of the site you want
Wolfram Alpha
Step 2:  Double-click the little star on the right side of the address bar
Edit This Bookmark

Step 3:  Delete the name
Delete Name
Step 4:  Change ‘Unsorted Bookmarks’ to ‘Bookmarks Toolbar’
Bookmarks Toolbar

Step 5:  Click Done.
Et voila!  Have fun with your new icons-only bookmarks toolbar

Also:  If you want to change current bookmarks, press Ctrl+Shift+N, double-click ‘Bookmarks Toolbar’, then delete the names of all your bookmarks in the subsequent menu

No comments:

Post a Comment