Friday, July 31, 2009

ViGlance

ViGlance changes the Windows Taskbar to look like the Windows 7 ‘superbar’.  It groups things together into nice little icons:  all the Firefox things in one icon, all the Windows Live Messenger things in another.  Clicking or mousing over an icon yields a smallish popup that shows what’s inside the icon – for me, mousing over the Firefox logo gives me ‘Downloads’ and ‘Gmail’.  You can then click on any of the listed items to switch it to your active window.  Screenshots:

My taskbar, with ViGlance:
With VG 
Excuse the vertical stretching.  I don’t know why it’s showing up that way, and I don’t know how to fix it.  ViGlance does not do this to your taskbar.

Mouseover/Click:
mouseover

ViGlance can be downloaded here.  Windows only.

NOTE:  The version shown in this post is not the most recent version.  The most recent version includes thumbnails of windows upon mouseover, as far as I can tell from their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment